4 days till Christmas and we’re getting super excited about our favorite holiday!
Oh yes, it’s impressive: we’ve come up with a way to continue our healthy eating habits even during the holiday season. Check out this edible Christmas decoration you won’t have to feel guilty for devouring!
Christmas fruit tree
We’re pretty sure you’ll delight every single guest that arrives at your home with this decorative fruit Christmas tree. Here’s what you’ll need:
- An apple (for base)
- Carrot (for trunk)
- Variety of fruits
- Toothpicks (for branches)
- Cutting board
- Holiday cookie cutters
- Use your cutting board to cut the fruit into small pieces
- Place them on separate plates
- Use cookie cutters to make shapes out of the fruit
- Place an apple on a plate and cut off the bottom section (to stand straight)
- Make a hole on top of the apple (the size of a carrot)
- Stick the carrot inside the hole (to stand straight in the apple)
- Stick toothpicks all over the apple
- Cut the toothpicks to adjust the length of the branches and stick them all over the carrot
- Skewer the fruits on the toothpicks to fill out the branches and create a tree-shape
You can also use cheese blocks to add additional decorations and flavors to your Christmas tree.
Your breathtaking fruit Christmas tree is now ready to become the star of your Christmas dinner! Feel free to let us know how you liked this idea. Also, we’d love to see your fruit Christmas trees, so send us your photos!
Have a magical Christmas!
Lots of love,