Are you planning some fun craft activities with kids throughout the Valentine’s week? We have a cool one for all kids, parents and teachers!
As Valentine’s and love is all about red color, we’ll be making our own red paint at home to save money and have fun by using ingredients we already have in our kitchen.
What we need for the red paint
- What you need is the following:
- Baking powder
- Red food coloring
What to do
- Put 2 tablespoons of salt and 2 tablespoons of flour together in a bowl
- Add water inside to make a paste
- Add 2 tablespoon of baking powder
- Add red food color in the mixture
Now that you have all ready, prepare paper and paintbrush. Don’t forget the scissors to cut out heart shapes. Feel free to use other food colors to create home-made paints for painting a lovely sun, tree, sea, clouds, stars and other shapes that include variety of colors. Every kid will love this activity!
Do you have any home-made idea? We’d like to hear it from you. Let us know what else you do with your kitchen ingredients.