Did you know that craft pumpkins are as trendy as the carved ones this Halloween? They both have their advantages and they both create a fantastic decoration for your home or classroom. That’s exactly why we have decided to help you prepare both styles, or choose your favorite ones you will prepare with your kids this week.
Making kids busy, sharing a few laughs, as well as enjoying fun times together is always a good and highly motivating idea you can carry out any time. Roll up your sleeves, put aprons on, get necessary tools and let your kids’ imagination run wild. The happiness in their eyes will speak louder than words.
So, let’s start with our pumpkins.
Carve your own Halloween pumpkin
Oh, this is so much fun! We are very excited to join in and get out hands messy with pumpkin seeds. When you choose the size and shape of a pumpkin you wish to carve, you will have to prepare a few tools to carve your pumpkin more easily. This is what you will need:
- 1 or more knives (which it would be a good idea for you to use, not the kids)
- Black marker
- A few plates (paper, plastic or any other)
And now, let’s carve!
So, when you have all what it takes to carve a pumpkin, you are ready to set off. Here’s what you do:
- Use a knife to cut out the top part of a pumpkin (where the green stem, or pumpkin’s handle is)
- Dip your hands inside to get all the seeds and pulp out of the pumpkin. Place them on a plate and keep them for later
- When the most of the seeds and pulp is out, use a tablespoon to scratch the empty cavity to remove the rest of the pulp attached to the cavity. Also, this is useful for making the cavity thinner for easier eyes and mouth carving
- Use a black marker to draw a face you’d love to carve
- Use a knife to trace the lines of the black marker
- Smooth the edges of eyes and mouth
Place a candle inside your pumpkin and voilà, you have your carved pumpkin ready for Halloween!
4 tips for using pumpkin seeds and pulp leftovers
We have a few ideas how to use the seeds and pulp you’ve taken out of your pumpkins. They can be so perfectly used, so don’t throw them away! Here are a few ideas on what to do with them:
- Roasted pumpkin seeds are so delicious to munch!
- If you like pasta, you can make a pumpkin seeds pesto
- Delight your kids with pumpkin seeds candies
- Prepare a delicious chicken with pumpkin seeds sauce
There is no need to waste the seeds and the pulp when you can use it for some cool cooking ideas like these!
Craft your pumpkin
Now, this might be something new you’ll be doing. Don’t worry, it’s as much fun as carving pumpkins. You can use the real pumpkins, or better yet, the crafts pumpkins and mini craft pumpkins, which are perfect for lasting decorations you can use every year over and over again. For crafting your pumpkin, you will need a variety of tools, and most of them depend on your imagination. So, you might want to use
Scissors, glitter, sponge, glue, paint, markers, decoupage glue, crayons, golden or silver metallic pens, paper, spray, and many other decorative tools.
The most important thing here is, to run your and your kids’ imagination wild and get what every you need for making the pumpkin from your dreams! We’re absolutely sure your kids will love this idea. So, go ahead, use their ideas and decorate your house this Halloween.
Find more carving and crafting ideas on our Pinterest page
As always, we follow what the world is doing on Pinterest. There are some of the most fantastic Halloween pumpkins ideas which we decided to put in one useful board and share it with you, our dear Villagers. That’s why we invite you over to our Pinterest page and follow all the amazing ideas we pin and re-pin on daily basis.
Make your kids happy and have fun with carving and crafting your pumpkins together.