Did you know that over 11 pounds of mozzarella is consumed in America per person annually? Fresh or aged, either way it’s a good choice, because it’s high in saturated fat and rich in protein. Today, we bring you a kid-friendly recipe you can prepare for your children’s snacks or their lunch boxes. We call them mozzarella sticks-to-go-go-go because they are great for eating outside, on a picnic, in school or in a car if you’re in a rush.
So off we go go go!
Ingredients for the sticks
- Mozzarella cheese
- Organic bread crumbs
- Olive oil
- 2 or more eggs (depending on the amount of sticks you plan to make)
- Mix eggs with a fork
- Cut mozzarella cheese into finger-shaped pieces
- Dip mozzarella sticks into the mixture of eggs
- Place dipped sticks on the breadcrumbs and thoroughly intermingle the sticks with the bread crumbs so that they are thick-covered with bread crumbs before adding them on the frying pan
- Cover your frying pan with olive oil (half a pinch would do) and heat the oil
- Place the mozzarella sticks (one by one) into the heated oil
- Bake them for no longer than 5 minutes
Learn something about mozzarella
To help you enjoy your mozzarella meal even more, find out interesting facts about it and share them with your kids. They love learning new things!