Not that we are in a hurry, but we couldn’t stop thinking about what a great idea it would be if this holiday seasons we change our Christmas tree ornaments with the edible ones. How? Let’s find out!
This is how we do them
What we need is the following:
- 8 ounces of unsalted butter
- 3/4 cups of brown sugar
- 3 1/4 cups of cake flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 cup of dark molasses
- 1/2 cup of vanilla extract
- 1/4 of salt
- 2 teaspoons of ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon of egg white
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons of milk
- Food colors
And off we go…
- Mix butter with a mixer
- Add powdered sugar and mix it with butter
- Add eggs, molasses and vanilla, mix it all well
- Sift cinnamon, ginger, salt, baking soda, clove and flour together
- Add them into the butter and vanilla mixture
- Shape the dough and leave it in a fridge for 2 hours
You need a variety of Christmas cookie cutters to create shapes you like. Also, use a toothpick to make holes in each cookie to prepare it for the Christmas tree. You would want to make them bigger because they will narrow during baking.
When your cookies are shaped, place the icing mixture into smaller cups and use separate brushes to paint variety of colorful patterns on your edible Christmas tree ornaments.
Enjoy the festive scents, winter mood and Christmas preparations with your family!